About Santa Barbara
Things To Do in Santa Barbara
Situated between the Santa Ynez Mountains and the Pacific Ocean, Santa Barbara is a gorgeous community in California that offers residents an array of recreational activities.
Whether you consider yourself the outdoorsy type or the artistic type, you'll find that Santa Barbara has something for everyone.
Continue reading to learn about some of the most popular things to do in Santa Barbara, California.
Living in Santa Barbara California
Let's face it - when one decides to invest in real estate, they're not just investing in the brick and mortar, they're investing in a whole new lifestyle!
Here's a brief overview of some of the recreational activities that Santa Barbara home owners have access to each and every day:
- State Street. This historic street, which divides the city into its east and west sides, is an eclectic mix of unique boutiques, upscale dining and more! Whether you're shopping for the perfect gift for a loved one or simply interested in people watching, this seven mile stretch of shopping and dining is a great way to spend any afternoon.
- Lotusland. This 37-acre botanic garden was actually the former estate of opera singer Madame Ganna Walska. Lotusland features a butterfly garden, a cactus garden, exotic plants and more!
- Santa Barbara Zoo. Just 30 acres, the Santa Barbara Zoo has consistently ranked as one of the country's best small zoos. It features more than 600 animals, including the California Condor and capybara. Many tourists and residents flock to the zoo each year to see its many unique exhibits, which at one time included a giraffe with a crooked neck.
- Carr Winery. Located in downtown Santa Barbara, this high-class winery specializes in premium, limited production wines from Santa Barbara Counties. It features an array of wines including Pinot Gris, Syrah, Grenache and more.
- Mission Santa Barbara. This historic site tells the story of the Catholic missions, in which priests and missionaries would visit remote villages and teach the natives about Catholicism. The Santa Barbara Mission is referred to by many as the "crown jewel" of the California Missions because it has been well preserved and maintained. This is an excellent educational trip opportunity for young families and history aficionados.
- Elings Park. This Santa Barbara park is the largest privately funded public park in America. Originally built on a former city landfill, the park now features soccer and softball fields, a space for paragliding, hiking trails, special events venues and more!
- Reagan Ranch Center. Located in downtown Santa Barbara, this museum features several exhibits the tell the story of Ronald Reagan's life in California as well as his presidency in Washington. This museum is well known for its many multimedia and interactive exhibits, which provide access to some of Reagan's speeches, interviews and radio addresses.
- Stearn's Wharf. Considered the oldest-working pier on the West Coast, this Santa Barbara attraction is homes to restaurants, individual food vendors and even a fish market!
- Ty Warner Sea Center. This family-friendly attraction is located at Stearns Wharf. The center features a shark touch tank, a tidepool touch tank, and even an deck where visitors can conduct oceanic experiments. It's a great opportunity for families to learn about the local marine wildlife in Santa Barbara and spend an afternoon.
- Red-Tile Walking Tour. This self-guided tour educates residents and visitors alike on some of Santa Barbara's oldest and most unique architectural landmarks.
Investing in Santa Barbara Real Estate
The above list only scratches the surface of all that there is to see and do in the Santa Barbara area.
Take This Santa Barbara Real Estate Page with You!
It’s so easy! Using your Driod, iPhone or Blackberry smart phone, just scan this QR code with your QR code APP and bookmark this page on your mobile device’s Internet browser. Now that's a smart move!
Not sure what a QR code is? Take a moment to read this article to see how we utilize this cool new tech tool to help you with your Santa Barbara real estate needs.